Your Chamberlin Pony Rides event is coming up soon!
We would just like to remind you of a few things to help your event go smoothly.
Make sure you contact your event manager prior to the day of your party to go over details and reconfirm directly with them via text or call.
(If you need to Cancel or Reschedule your event, please make sure to INFORM YOUR EVENT MANAGER FIRST)
After you do so, please click on this link and submit a request to let the reservations office know!
1. POWER OUTLET NEEDED: Your event includes a professional bubble machine at no additional cost. Please be advised we need a power source within 50 feet of our set up to operate.
2. SPECIAL REQUEST: If you have a party theme, i.e.: cowboy, unicorn etc... Make sure you reconfirm this request with your event manager. If you would like to request a special color ribbon in the pony's hair or would like them to bring a straw bale and cowboy ropes, make sure you reconfirm your requests now.
3. ARRIVAL: Your event manager is available on their cell phone the day of your party. If there are any traffic delays, he or she will be in touch with you to help you prepare for any unplanned adjustments. We always recommend you have Chamberlin Pony Rides arrive toward the beginning of your party. In the unlikely event that we are stuck in traffic for an extended period of time, you will be able to change the timeline of your party and consider having the cake and presents first.
4. EMERGENCY CHAMBERLIN OFFICE NUMBER: If you need to contact your event manager and they are not answering (often they may be walking a pony) you may always reach a Chamberlin reservationist by first calling 734-780-5800, or 734-368-6582.
5. PARKING: Have adequate parking available for the truck and trailer. Plan on approximately 50 feet for our truck and trailer (about four car lengths).
6. WATER: Have water available for the animals. A garden hose is fine.
7. PREPARE YOUR AREA: Please have the area you are planning to put the petting zoo (about 10' x 10' for Baby Petting Zoo and a 10' x 30' for Complete Petting Zoo) cleaned up of any debris. Please remove, broken glass, dog droppings etc. prior to our arrival.
8. FINAL PAYMENT: Company policy requires our event managers to collect your balance in full (cash payment) BEFORE they offload the animals. Please have cash payment ready upon arrival. No checks will be accepted unless prior agreement has been made with your event manager.
9. LATE ARRIVAL: No discount allowance will be given for late arrival due to circumstances beyond our control. Please note, we make every effort to accommodate your party time. In the event that your party is delayed due to circumstances beyond our control, you will be given the choice of rescheduling your event, or we will make up the time lost at the beginning of the party and stay later. You will get the entire time you have reserved. If you have reserved more than one hour and don’t wish to have the additional time, we will give you credit for the additional time you paid for if you choose to reduce the total party time.
DAY OF THE PARTY:
PONY PARTY GUIDELINES:
(If your party includes pony or horseback rides) Adults are welcome to ride. Please note, we have a weight limit of 150 pounds. We do provide a mounting step for your convenience.
However, it is very important that "Riders must be able to mount and dismount from their horse with minimal physical assistance".
PONY RIDE AREA:
Your pony ride area should be at least 100 feet away from any Moon bounce or Zip Line equipment. Or, at your event managers discretion.
For the comfort of other riders, children must ride in dry clothes or you may use your towel over the saddle. We suggest children wear closed toe shoes and not sandals when riding ponies or horses.
Our ponies are used to being around dogs; however, your dog may be startled or intimidated around our ponies. We may ask you to restrain your dog(s) if we feel it's necessary.
PETTING ZOO RULES: (UNDER AGE OF 4)
All children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by an adult in the petting zoo. We reserve the right to ask a child to leave if we feel they are mistreating the animals.
PONY RIDE CONDITIONS:
- Ponies have "blind spots" which means they cannot see directly in front of or behind them. Even though they try to be aware of where everyone is, they may not see an unexpected child, so we ask that children do not follow too close behind or in front of the pony while moving or giving rides.
- Ponies are very sensitive. They can feel a fly land on their fur! If necessary, we will ask children not to kick or jump up and down in the saddle while riding.
- We don't allow food, drink, toys or balloons while riding the pony.
SET UP: (PONY RIDES)
When we arrive, we will set up 3 different areas for the children to
A) Stand in line and wait for their ride.
B) Separate play area.
C) Ride area that only riders, ponies and horses may be in.
This way we will be better able to keep your little ones safe.
CONDITIONS: (PONY RIDES)
- Children must be able to hold onto the saddle horn with both hands in order to ride, it they cannot, then an adult must walk with the child while riding.
- We do not provide side walkers, we suggest an adult or parent walk next to all children under 5.
- Children under the age of four must sit between older children for the cart rides and must keep their hands and feet inside the cart at all times.
- For the safety of all riders, if an unattended child enters the pony riding area, we will stop all rides and not resume rides until the area is clear of children. This time will not be deducted from your event total. Please make sure children are supervised for their safety.
Michigan Equine Liability Act:
Warning - Under the Michigan equine activity liability act, an equine professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in an equine activity resulting from the inherent risk of the equine activity.
PLEASE VIEW OUR LIST OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Thank you for your business.
Have a great party!